10. Rights Related to Your Personal Information
Depending on where you live and the types of Personal Information at issue, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information. Please note that many of these rights are subject to exceptions and limitations.
- Right of access: You have the right to know whether your Personal Information is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to, including a copy of, the Personal Information undergoing processing.
- Right to correction: You have the right to request that we correct or supplement any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information we process about you.
- Right to deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information or as applicable anonymize your Personal Information.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to request that we provide the Personal Information which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and you have the right to transmit such Personal Information to another entity.
- Right to prohibit the sale or sharing of Personal Information: We may sell or share (in this context, “share” means use of your personal information for cross-contextual behavioural advertising) your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes. The Personal Information subject to “selling” or “sharing” is limited to your online identifiers and inferences derived about your preferences through your interactions with the website. You may opt-out of the sharing of your personal information by contacting us or using the cookie preference center available on the website.
- Right to limit the processing of your sensitive Personal Information: We do not currently use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those which cannot be limited under applicable law.
If you choose to assert any of these rights under applicable laws, we will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law. Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations. If we are not able to provide the requested information or make the change you requested, you will be provided with the reasons for such decisions. Under local law, you may be entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority, such as your state Attorney General’s Office.
Your rights and our responses will vary based on your state of residency. Please note that you may be located in a jurisdiction where we are not obligated, or are unable, to fulfill a request. In such a case, your request may not be fulfilled.
Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. If you designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf, we will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Our verification process may also include a request for additional information to confirm your identity or your authorized agent’s identity (such as your name, email address and date of birth) or to obtain proof that you have given your authorized agent permission to act on your behalf. If our verification process is successful, we will respond to your request within the time and in the manner required by applicable law. If we cannot validate the identity of you and/or your authorized agent or obtain proof that you have given your authorized agent permission to act on your behalf, we will attempt to contact you to inform you.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the Personal Information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication. Further, if you would like to appeal any decision we make about your request, you may contact us as stated in the “Contact Information” section below.