Centerpoint Achieves LEED-NC Certification for Distribution Facility in Greer, South Carolina
Posted By Staff Writers On September 30, 2019 @ 8:00 am
OAK BROOK, IL – CenterPoint Properties is excited to announce the achievement of LEED-NC Certification for 220 GSP Logistics Parkway in Greer, South Carolina. The distribution facility, which spans over 700,000 square feet, features energy-efficient installations that minimize environmental impact and reduce utility costs.
“Our commitment to LEED demonstrates that CenterPoint is focused on implementing sustainability measures in its industrial facilities that influence ecological and social aspects across our portfolio,” said Brian Hollings, CenterPoint Vice President of Development.
The LEED-certified building includes the following sustainable features:
- High-efficiency LED interior and exterior lighting
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control (ESC) and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) measures, reducing sedimentation of local waterways and stormwater runoff
- Preferred parking for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles
- Reduced heat island effect through installation of reflective roof membrane
- Drought-tolerant landscaping and high-efficiency irrigation and controls
- High-efficiency plumbing fixtures
- Completed fundamental commissioning to ensure proper design, installation and operation of mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Implemented a construction Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Management Plan
- Sourced low-emitting construction materials and finishes
- Designed for occupant thermal comfort in compliance with ASHRAE Standard 55-2004
The project achieved:
- 76% construction waste diverted from landfill
- 8% energy cost savings
- 9% reduction in potable water use
- 17% building materials from regional sources
- 15% recycled content in building materials
“We’re proud to have completed a significant number of LEED-certified facilities. Our commitment to sustainability is key to achieving high-performance facilities that bring economic and environmental benefits for years to come,” said Elena Daniel, CenterPoint Vice President of ESG & Corporate Affairs.
In addition to sustainability advantages, the facility is port-centric—with immediacy to the South Carolina Inland Port—and provides direct rail access via the Norfolk Southern Railway. With easy access to the Port of Charleston, our tenant BMW can lower its demurrage and realize considerable drayage savings.
About CenterPoint Properties
CenterPoint is an industrial real estate company made up of dedicated thinkers, innovators and leaders with the creativity and know-how to tackle the industry’s toughest challenges. And it’s those kinds of problems—the delicate, the complex, the seemingly-impossible—that we relish most. Because with an agile team, substantial access to capital and industry-leading expertise, those are exactly the kinds of problems we’re built to solve. For more information on CenterPoint Properties, visit centerpoint.com, follow @CenterPointProp on Twitter or engage with us on LinkedIn.